Legal Remedy for Domestic Violence in Nepal: Domestic Violence in Nepal
Domestic violence can occurs within any family relationships living together, joint family in shared householders related by decent, marriage and adoption.
Domestic Violence (Offence and Punishment Act, 2066 (2009) prevents, control violence occurring within family providing legal remedy for domestic violence by punishing to defendant and protection of victims in Nepal.
What is Domestic Violence?
Where to file complaint by victim of domestic violence in Nepal?
Legal Process of Domestic Violence in Nepal
Legal Remedy to Victim of Domestic Violence in Nepal
- Defendant will bear expenses of Medical treatment of victim
- Compensation according degree of pain suffered by victim.
- Fine: Three thousand rupees to twenty five thousand rupees
- Imprisonment : six months of prisonment or both
- Attempts or abeators are liable for half punishment of perpetrator.
- On each repetition of domestic violence, in each time punishment will be double.
Disclaimer: All contains available here are for general information purposes. Proper legal solution always depends on your particular circumstances thus seek the advice from an attorney who can provide assurances of the information contained herein and interpretation of it. All liability with respect to actions taken on the basis of site’s information hereby expressly disclaimed.